I guess this is one of the most popular recipes , especially with children and young adults. Serve it as a starter or along with pasta, they are so good. Crunchy bread with soft and gooey cheese in the centre is too tempting.
With just a few simple steps, this garlic bread with cheese can be easily recreated at home. For the resto style bread, use baguette . But even if you are making it with regular bread loaf, it tastes yummy.
I make it very often for school snack box as well as to serve along with pasta. A simple and delicious dish. I usually bake it in the oven, but you can make this even in your microwave ( grill mode) or stove top. The time of cooking will vary depending upon the model you are using. Also along with cheese, you can also add finely chopped bell peppers, onion, tomato and can make it more attractive and healthy.
Garlic Bread with Cheese:
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4-6
15 slices bread ( of your choice)
200 gm mozzarella cheese ( grated)
1-2 teaspoon dry Italian herbs ( or you can use only oregano)
1/2 teaspoon Chilli flakes ( optional)
For the garlic butter :
1/4 cup salted butter
small bunch mint leaves ( finely chopped)
3 garlic pods ( chopped)
1. Line a baking tray with foil/butter paper/parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C for 8 minutes.
3. While the oven is preheating, add the butter, mint leaves, garlic pods in the small jar of the mixer and grind it to a smooth paste.
4. Place the bread slices in a row in the lined baking tray.
5. Spread the prepared garlic butter generously on both sides of the bread.
6. Place the grated cheese on each of the bread and sprinkle the seasoning.
Note: If adding vegetables, add at this stage.
7. Bake the garlic bread at 180 degrees C for 7-8 minutes ( place the tray in the middle rack) or till the time the cheese is melted which ever is earlier .
Your delicious and yummy Restaurant Style Garlic Bread is ready to be served !!
Happy Cooking !