Thursday, February 26, 2015

CAULIFLOWER CRUST MINI PIZZA

Hi SUPERMOMS,

This is a popular recipe, I found in so many Vegan food sites. Since cauliflower is a favourite  vegetable at my place and is also in season, I wanted to try an easy,healthy snack for my children.
I am yet to explore other veggies....and the beauty is that you can make this in tawa too!




Recipe inspiration: allrecipes.com

INGREDIENTS:

Grated white cauliflower-1 whole( I soaked them in boiling water for a minute and drained all water completely . I transferred them to a muslin cloth and squeezed to drain water.
Maida-1 tbsp
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste

Mixed herbs- you can add your favourite mixture of herbs( I stuck to parsley,oregano and chilli flakes)
Pepper- 2 or 3 crushed freshly.

Cheddar/mozarella cheese- grated

Bell peppers, onion, tomato( deseeded) - sliced thinly for topping.

Let us start our preparation.


1. If you feel that the cauliflower is still wet, heat a pan and just saute the cauliflower for 5 minutes. You can add turmeric if you want. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.To this add the maida, salt,baking powder,herbs and knead them together. 



2. Grease a baking tray. Preheat the oven.


3.The dough has to be thick. Take small portions of the dough and flatten it to made discs.


4 . Now bake them at 180 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes or till the crust starts to brown.


5. Now sprinkle veggies snd top it with cheese. Sprinkle oregano if you like. 


6. Bake in the oven for another 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts. Serve them with your kid's favourite sauce. Trust me, you cannot stop with having just one. This is a healthier option of pizza,is'nt it! 


If you want to make it completely low carb, and if you like eggs, then you can substitute the maida(all Purpose flour ) with an egg.

This recipe is perfect as a starter,snack or for your kid's tiffin box. It tastes yum even when it is cold!!!


Do try this recipe and give me your feedback!

Hoping to hear from you all....

With love,

MASTERCHEFMOM












1 comment :

  1. This looks so good, Uma. Can it be made in a microwave? I don't have an oven and I only have the grill option in microwave. Can it still be done?

    ~ Neeru

    ReplyDelete

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...