Kids love Lasagne. But making them regularly might not be a healthy option. Moreover,it is so yummy that it is irresistable for us to eat them.
So, here is a super healthy way of making Lasagne!
No compromise on taste, but completely healthy ,gluten free and loaded with vegetables and proteins!
I enjoyed them,totally guilt free!!!
Zucchini- l used one( sliced into discs)
Soya chunks-2 cups( soaked in boiling water with little salt and drained completely)
Tomato puree-1 cup
Garlic- 3 pods,grated
Red chilli sauce/ chilli flakes- 2 tsp( add spice according your taste)
Salt to taste
Fresh basil/ mint leaves- finely chopped
Mozarella/ cheddar cheese( used 50:50)
Finely Chopped onions,bellpeppers
Let us start our preparation.
1.Grease a large muffin pan with olive oil/ butter.
2. In a pan, heat a tsp of olive oil and saute' the garlic for 30 seconds. Then add the tomato puree. If the puree is too thick, add 2 tbsps of water.
3. When oil seperates in the puree, add the soya chunks ,chilli sauce, mint and give it a good stir.
4.Soya chunks absorbs the puree. It will becomes nice and thick gravy. Switch off. Let us assemble the lasagne. Place zucchini discs in the bottom of the pan.
5. Then layer soya gravy.
6. Next sprinkle bell peppers and basil/ mint.
7. It is the turn of cheese now.
8. Repeat one more layer and finish with cheese.
9. In a prebaked oven, bake the Lasagne for 30 -40 minutes. After the first ten minutes, I loosely covered the muffin pan with alluminium foil .
10. Let it cool and your tasty and healthy Zucchini Lasagne is ready!!!! It is so tasty even when eaten cold.I am planning to send it to school for tiffin during one of these days!
Hope you liked this recipe. You can experiment with vegetables of your choice and the stuffing too. Options are plenty!
Do post your comments SUPERMOMS!