'Bullseye' Paniyaram...you heard me right!
Just like the name, the recipe is also very interesting. A smash hit recipe for lunch box.
Moreover, what really excites me to blog this recipe is the fermented batter that I have used to make the Paniyaram( Stovetop Cup Cakes). I have used fermented Corn Meal and this makes it extremely healthy.
I have posted the Candid picture ,a very quick one that I managed to click before packing the tiffin box. So, do not judge this dish by it's looks!!!!!
Bulls Eye Paniyaram | Fermented Corn Meal Stovetop Cup Cakes :
Preparation time: 24 hours (Fermentation)
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves :4 to 6
1 Cup = 250 ml
For the Paniyaram Batter :
1.Fenugreek - 1 tbsp
2.Corn Meal flour - 2 cups
3.Salt to taste
4. Oil -1 tbsp
For the 'Bullseye ':
1.Tofu / Paneer- 200 gms
2.Rice Flour -1 tsp
3. Corn Flour -3 tsp
4.Chilli Powder-1/2 tsp
5. Salt to taste ( optional)
6. Finely chopped Mint / Cilantro leaves.
7. Oil -1/2 tbsp
1. Slice the tofu into cubes or any shape you like.
2. In a zip lock cover add all the ingredients given under ' bullseye' and mix well. Add the tofu into the cover ,zip and shake well to coat the tofu uniformly. Set it aside.
3. Heat Oil in a pan and add the marinated tofu. Fry till they brown uniformly. You can bake them too. Line a baking tray with butter paper. Arrange tofu and drizzle oil on them. Bake in a preheated oven till they brown. It was much quicker for me in the stove top.
4. Soak fenugreek / Methi seeds in water for 8 hours. Drain and grind it to a fluffy paste.
5. Add two tbsps of Corn flour meal, pinch of salt, 1/4 cup of water and the fenugreek paste in a bowl. Mix well. Cling wrap and rest it for 5 hours in a warm place.You can see bubbles on the batter indicating fermentation. Your Starter is ready !!!
6. Now add the remaining flour with more salt to the fermented starter. Rest in room temperature for another 2 hours( atleast for an hour).
Your fermented Corn Meal Batter is ready!!! ( you can make crepes, pancakes with this batter...I have tried and they taste so good!!!)
7. Prepare your Aapakadai/Paniyaram Pan ( a vessel used to make stovetop cakes that are available in India) by greasing them.
8. When the pan is hot, pour a ladle of batter into each cup and place one toasted tofu in each paniyaram.
9. Close the lid of the pan and cook it for 5 minutes. You will see bubbles on the batter.
10. Remove using a tooth pick or fork. No need to flip and cook.
Bullseye Paniyaram is ready to be packed for tiffin box or for snacking immediately!!!!
Do try and share our feedback with me !!
Happy Cooking !