Every day cannot have elaborate breakfast or lunch boxes. On such days, I make sure to present simple dishes attractively so that my children have them with enthusiasm. So ,these 'Stars' arrived in my kitchen very recently.
I had prepared these STARWICHES Tiffin Box and they were so crunchy and tasty! I had packed lot of vegetables and added cheese for the protein.
A light yet healthy 'Starwich' ,I must say!
The best part is it just takes 15 minutes to prepare from scratch!
STARWICH | How to prepare STARWICH :
Preparation time : 7 minutes
Cooking time : 7 minutes
Serves : 2
1. Whole Wheat Bread Slices - 10
2. Table Butter -2 tbsp
3. Cheese Slices - 3 to 4
4. Finely Chopped Onions - 1/2 onion
5. Finely Chopped bell pepper ( all three colours if available ) - 1/2 cup
6. Green chillies -2 ( adjust according to taste or you can omit if you have a very small child)
7. Dry Italian Herbs -1 tsp
8. Boiled Sweet Corn -1/2 cup ( 100 ml)
9. Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, add all the finely chopped vegetables and boiled corn. Add salt to taste and mix.
2. Tear the cheese slices into smaller pieces and add it to the veg bowl. Add the herbs. Mix well.
3. Using a star shape cookie cutter ( or any other shape cutter) cut the bread slices into the star shape.
4. Line a baking tray with butter paper and grease it with butter. Apply a small layer of butter on the cut shapes.
5. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
6.Arrange them on the tray. Spread the vegetable filling on the top of the cut bread. Sprinkle some herbs on top.
7. Bake in the preheated Oven at 160 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes in the middle rack or till the time you see cheese has melted and sides of the bread has nicely browned.
8. Cool them in the rack before you pack them in the tiffin box.
This is how I packed them ! They were so yum! A quick healthy snack !
Chef Tips :
1. Do not add too much onions as they tend to leave water. Mix the vegetables only when you are making these Starwiches.
2. Cool the starwiches to avoid them getting soggy. It takes just five minutes.
3. You can add chilli flakes or pepper powder if you want to omit green chillies.
4. You can add/ omit any other vegetable according to your child's likes.
5. You can do the same with non veg filling also.
6. You can also make a chocolatey version of the stars. I have earlier shared that recipe with you.