'Burgers' need no introduction and today I am sharing a very easy to assemble yet very tasty burger recipe.
With just a few ingredients and less than 25 minutes, your yummilicious burger is ready to be packed for picnic or tiffin box.
It is a great party recipe too.
CORN POTATO BURGER :
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Yield : 4 Burgers
For the filling:
4 Potatoes ( Boiled using less water)
1/4 Cup Corn kernels ( boiled)
A small bunch of Finely chopped Cilantro ( optional)
1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala/ Kitchen king masala
2 teaspoon Corn starch
2 tablespoon Soya Granules
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
To assemble you will need:
4 Burger buns
2 large onions ( sliced as roundels)
2 large firm tomatoes ( de seeded)
Few Lettuce leaves (optional)
1. In a large bowl, add the boiled potatoes, corn and fresh cilantro. Add the cornstarch,spice powders and salt. Mash everything to incorporate the spices and salt. It will become a stiff dough.
TIP: I use a steamer to boil the potatoes, so that there is less water content. If boiling in pressure cooker, do not boil for a long time. Also, remove the potatoes from water, immediately after boiling. If your potato is too soggy, then you will have to add more corn starch.
2. Divide the dough equally to shape them into cutlets.
3. Spread the soya granules in a plate and just coat the coat the cutlets with the granules.
4. Heat oil in a pan/wok. When the oil is ready, fry the cutlets till they are golden brown on both sides.
5. Drain them in a tissue paper.
6. Cut the desired vegetables.
7. Assemble the burger. Firstly, slice the burger buns into halves. You can lightly toast them in the pan with little butter. This step is optional.
8. On the cut side of the bun, place the vegetables, then the Potato Corn Soya Cutlet, Squeeze some tomato sauce on top and close the bun with the other side.
TIP: If you are packing for school or for picnic, do not add the sauce, instead you can give the sauce in a zip lock cover.
Your burgers are ready !!! It can't get more easy , right?
You can always, use homemade tomato sauce or any other sauce of your choice. Again, you can customise the burger with your favourite vegetables.
You are sure to bring more smiles with this recipe!!!
Happy Cooking !