I enjoy making pasta . More because, every time I make them I add my own imagination and create recipes using the ingredients available that day at home. I know many of you like to make either tomato pasta or creamy white pasta. But trust me, there are so many amazing and delicious pastas sauces that you can try.
Today I am going to share a pasta recipe using yellow pumpkin. Yellow pumpkin is nutritious and as it has a light hint of sweetness, it is used in many desserts also.
But unless you tell your family that you have made this pasta using pumpkin, they will never be able to guess and will think that it is cheese pasta.
Pumpkin Pasta :
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup
4 cups pasta ( of your choice)
2 teaspoons oil
2 garlic pods ( finely chopped)
1 green chilli ( finely chopped)
1 onion ( thinly sliced)
1 tomato ( finely chopped)
handful of peas ( optional)
1/2 capsicum ( finely chopped, optional)
1 cup milk ( adjust, if vegan add soy milk or any nut milk)
salt to taste
For the pasta sauce :
250 grams yellow pumpkin ( peeled , cubed and boiled)
15 mint leaves
2-3 green chillies ( adjust according to the heat of the chillies)
For garnish :
10 mint/pudina leaves ( finely chopped)
2 teaspoons grated cheese ( optional)
1 teaspoon dried oregano( optional)
1. Boil pasta according to the instructions given in the packet , drain the excess water and immediately cool them under running water.
Chef tip : Refer here for stepwise pictures on how to cook pasta.
2. Boil the pumpkin till they are fork tender , drain the excess water and transfer it to the jar of mixer.
Chef tip: Cook the pumpkin in an open vessel with water so that you do not over cook.
3. Add the green chillies, mint leaves, walnuts and almond and ground it to a smooth paste.
4. Heat a pan with oil and add the chopped garlic and keep stirring .
5. When the garlic starts to brown , add the onions , salt and keep stirring till the onions are lightly fried.
6. Now add the tomatoes, peas, capsicum ( if you are adding ), stir for just one minute and add the ground pumpkin paste and mix well.
7. Add the pasta and milk and let it come to a boil.
8. Switch off and garnish.
Your delicious and most flavourful Pumpkin Pasta is ready to be served !! Make some Garlic bread and serve them along with this yummy pasta.
Have you tried my Ravioli recipe ?
Happy Cooking !