Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Banoffee Pie Ice cream | How to make a Quick and Easy Ice cream at Home

Banoffee Pie Ice cream

Hi Supermoms,

A cup of ice cream takes me down the memory lane to the time in my grandmother's house in Chennai. I often used to  look forward to the  exotic cone ice cream or a cup ice cream from the popular neighbourhood ice cream parlour. I used to do small errands for my grandma like getting her few urgently needed groceries as she would ask me to have an ice cream on the way back 😀. 

Strawberry and Vanilla flavours were my most favourite ones and I almost always end up having a cone ice cream. Just love biting into the wafer . There used to be so many cone ice cream vending machines those days and just watching the ice cream fill up the cone in layers was so satisfying. My grandmother and my mother also used to make fruit salad and ice cream for special occasions.  

Talking about making ice cream at home, it is often a long process. Loads of time and effort surely goes into making a great ice cream. Reducing the milk , adding flavours , using an ice cream machine or an electric beater to get a creamy consistency...yes, it will surely be daunting for beginners.

But , with the availability of great tasting cream, delicious homemade  ice cream can now be made within minutes. Living in Gurgaon for the last 13 years,  I have been using Mother Dairy products  all these years in my every day cooking. When they asked me to share an ice cream recipe using their delicious cream , I immediately agreed. 

I am more than thrilled to share my family approved , quick to make and super tasty ice cream recipe that you will also be tempted to try. No cooking, No ice cream machine or any other gadget is required to make this ice cream. Mix together a handful of ingredients, freeze it for a few hours and you are going experience your favourite ice cream flavour. 

All ingredients in a classic banoffee pie - caramel, biscuits and banana come together so beautifully in this Banoffee Pie Ice Cream. I have also added chocolate bits to make it more tasty. 


Banoffee Pie Ice Cream

Banoffee Pie Ice cream

Preparation time : 30 minutes 
Refrigeration time : 5 hours 
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup


Ingredients :

To be mixed in a bowl :

1 cup Mother Dairy cream 
2/3 cup condensed milk 
2 bananas
1 tablespoon caramel sauce 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence 
4 digestive biscuits

For garnish :

1 teaspoon caramel sauce
2-3 digestive biscuits ( halved)
chocolate shavings / chocolate chips / chocolate pieces
sliced banana ( optional)

Method:

1. In a bowl, add bananas and mash them well.
2. Add vanilla essence, cream, condensed milk and mix well.
Chef tip : Mother Dairy Cream and the  condensed milk should be refrigerated and used cold. 
3. Fold in the caramel sauce and the coarsely crushed digestive biscuits . 
4. Freeze this mixture for 5 hours. 
5.Remove and scope out the ice cream into the serving bowl and drizzle caramel sauce and decorate with banana slices, chocolate shavings or pieces and digestive biscuit. 

Delicious Banoffee pie ice cream is ready. 


Banoffee Pie Ice Cream

I made this delicious Banoffee Pie Ice cream and Chilli Cheese Idlies in my #InstaCookingClass using Mother Dairy Cream .  




I had fun taking over Mother Dairy Instagram Handle to teach these recipes in their #InstaCookingClass.  If you have missed watching me making Banoffee Ice cream, you can now watch the full video in their facebook page

Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...