Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Pesarattu Recipe | How to grind Pesarattu Batter | Gluten Free and Vegan Recipe


Pesarattu

Hi Supermoms,

'Attu' means Dosai in Telugu language and Pesarattu means a dosai made using the moong beans. Whole green moong beans are soaked and ground to make the pesarattu batter. It makes for a wholesome meal and is made weekly in many South Indian homes.  I have earlier shared the basic pesarattu recipe with you all. 

Some months back my mother shared that she enjoyed a pesarattu during her visit to Puttaparthi ( Andhra Pradesh, India) in her friend Gayatri's house and it was so tasty and much different from the one I make. She told me that she got the recipe from Gayatri so that she could share with me . She insisted that I try this recipe and also share it with all of you.

At first, I was doubtful about the quantity of cloves in the pesarattu recipe. I asked her if the measurements she had given me is right. But my mother reassured that it woud work superbly and I should simply try it. 

As you would have already guessed, the Pesarattu turned out super tasty and I was so thrilled by the freshness of the pesarattu batter and the newly infused flavour of clove. I can't thank my mother and her friend enough. So grateful. 

A must try !!

Pesarattu

Pesarattu:

Preparation time : 4 hours 
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 6
1 cup = 250 ml cup 

Ingredients :

1 cup whole green moong dal/ green moong beans 
1/4 cup rice 
8-10 cloves 
3 green chillies ( adjust according to the spice of the chillies) 
1" ginger 
salt to taste

For cooking the pesarattu:

1 tablespoon oil 
1 large onion ( finely chopped) 
1-2 green chilli ( finely chopped)
handful coriander leaves( finely chopped, optional)

You can check out the video for Pesarattu and Allam Pachadi below 👇


Method: 

1. Wash and soak  green gram and rice together for 3-4 hours along with cloves , green chillies and ginger.
2. Grind it into a thick and coarse batter .
3. You can dilute and make pesarattu dosai or you can make it into Pesarattu Burger patty
4. While making dosai, you can sprinkle onions, coriander leaves green chillies and grated ginger for extra spice.
5. Cook pesarattu on both sides and serve with your choice of chutneys. 


Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...