Another quick side dish recipe from my kitchen to yours. This sambar- baaji ( SambaJee) can be made in flat 10 minutes and is simply so delicious. As I had added potato it took me 15 minutes to cook, but if you are using only tomatoes or tomatoes and onions, it will take just 10 minutes from your Kitchen to your dining table.
Without further delay, let me share the recipe with you all. I had made this recipe on my Snapchat and received so much of appreciation from you all. Thanks a lot. On request from readers, I am updating the detailed recipe on my blog too.
SambaJee Recipe | Instant Sambar Recipe:
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup
Special Vessel : Use a wide kadai/pan
1 large tomato ( finely chopped)
1 potato or onion ( optional)
1 tablespoon sambar powder
1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon chick pea flour/ Gram Flour/Besan ( mixed with 2 tablespoons of water)
pinch of asafoetida
juice of a lemon
3 cups of water ( adjust )
salt to taste
For tempering :
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon methi seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
For garnish ( optional) :
few coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
1. Heat a pan with sesame oil and temper with the ingredients given.
2. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and cook till the tomatoes become mushy. Takes one to two minutes.
Note : If you are adding potatoes, then add 1 cup of water , cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Now add 1 cup of water and the besan mixture .
4. Allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes over low flame.
5. The gravy thickens very fast, so have a watchful eye and add more water to get the right consistency.
Note: Adjust water quantity depending upon the consistency you prefer.
6. Before switching off add a pinch of asafoetida.
7. Switch off and add the lemon juice.
Your delicious Instant Sambar without using tamarind or toor dal. I served it along with Ven Pongal.
Happy Cooking !