Quiche is a popular French savoury dish that is made using eggs. There are numerous variations in making quiche. Today, I am sharing a delicious vegetarian version of the quiche that can be made easily at home.
I have used potatoes to make the crust of the quiche and the filling is made up of cheese and milk. A delicious snack that can be a great party food too . As they can be served hot or cold , it can be a wonderful picnic idea.
Hash brown Quiche ( Eggless):
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Serves : 2
1 cup = 250 ml cup
Special Vessel : Muffin pans
For the hash brown crust :
2 large potatoes ( grated)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cornflour
To be ground :
50 ml milk
50 gm ricotta cheese/ paneer( crumbled)
1 teaspoon corn flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper corns
Other ingredients :
1/2 cup bell peppers ( mixed colours , finely chopped)
1 onion ( finely chopped)
2 teaspoons black olive
5-10 spinach leaves ( finely chopped)
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt to taste
1. Grease a muffin pan with butter.
2. Squeeze the excess water from the potatoes, add corn flour , mix and line individual muffin cups in with them.
3. Using a brush, coat the potatoes with butter.
4. In a pre heated oven, bake the potato crust for 25-30 minutes for 180 degrees C or till the time they are nice and crisp.
5. While the crust is baking, grind the crumbled paneer, milk, pepper corns to a paste and set it aside.
6. Heat a pan with butter, add onions, spinach and saute for 1-2 minutes.
7. Now add the bell peppers, olives and the ground mixture.
8. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes and switch off.
9. Once the hash brown crust is done, spoon the paneer and vegetable mixture into them.
10. Top it with cheese and bake them in a pre heated oven for 10 minutes or till the time you see the cheese melted .
Delicious Mini Hash Brown Quiche is ready .
Happy Cooking !