You will fall in love with this bread. Easy to make,and the perfect evening snack and tiffin box idea.
You can make it so quickly.
GARLIC ROLLS :
Preparation time : 1 hour
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Any basic dough recipe works for the garlic rolls.
For the filling:
5-6 Grated garlic ( or make them as paste, add the herbs and butter and spread it as a layer)
200 gms Cheese( cheddar and mozzarella,mix )
Your favourite herbs-I use finely chopped Mint leaves and cilantro
1 teaspoon Seasoning of your choice
1. Roll out the dough into a huge rectangle.sprinkle garlic.
2. Sprinkle the herbs and cheese( I used mozzarella and cheddar). Sprinkle the seasoning( I used oregano and chilli flakes ). Press with ur hand gently.
TIP: If you do not want to use cheese, then process Mint leaves with 2 tablespoon salted butter and Garlic pods in a mixer. Spread this as the sauce and roll tightly.
3. Leave a the four corners and fill.
5. Then cut them into discs of 1 inch width.
6. Grease the pan and arrange the discs, with the cut side up.Leave a gap of 1 to 2 cm between discs.
7.Cover this with a damp cloth for 15 minutes. The discs would have stuck to each other. In a preheated oven, bake at 160 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or till the top layer has browned. Just tap the bottom of the pan, and if you hear a hollow sound, then the roll is done.
You can make the rolls individually by placing them in paper cups also.
8. Just brush the top with melted butter and serve hot. If you are serving it later, then cool it on the rack and pack them. I make this recipe without Cheese also and they taste equally good.
Mouth watering ??? Do try Supermoms!