The New school session has started and I'm back to packing 'Tiffin Box' for the 'not so little one'. Sandwiches have always been a favourite and today's sandwich recipe is a classic one. Fresh tomatoes and cheese slices layered between freshly baked bread.
I have used white sandwich bread, but you can also use multi grain or wheat bread to make this sandwich.
Classic Tomato Cheese Sandwich :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 2
6 slices of bread
2 large tomatoes ( sliced into roundels)
3 cheese slices
1/4 teaspoon black pepper corns ( powder finely or you can use a readymade sprinkler)
salt to taste
1. Microwave the sliced tomatoes for 70 seconds.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder on the microwaved tomatoes.
3. Arrange some tomatoes on one side of a bread.
4. Now, place a cheese slice on top of the tomatoes.
5. Arrange tomatoes again.
6. Place another bread slice on top.
7. Cut the sandwich and repeat the process for the entire batch.
Your Classic Tomato Cheese Sandwich is ready to be packed for Picnic/Travel/Party or Tiffin box.
Easy, Quick and handy recipe.
1. If you do not have a microwave, here is the method to blanch the tomatoes.
a. Boil 2 cups of water in a small vessel . Drop 2 tomatoes into the water , switch off and close the vessel with a lid.
b. After 5 minutes, remove the tomatoes from water, slice them into roundels and use them in the above recipe.
For more sandwich recipes, click here.