'Crostini' literally means 'little crusts'. Traditional Italian bread 'the ciabatta' is cut into smaller pieces, drizzled with olive oil and toasted till crisp in an oven. They are then topped with fruits and vegetable and served as an appetiser. Easy to assemble and a quick party starter, the crostini has gained popularity over the years. Colourfully arranged crostini adds glamour to any meal. I have earlier shared Italian Homestyle Ricotta Crostini recipe.
In today's recipe, I have used canned pineapples and cream cheese. You can use any seasonal fruits in this recipe. They are refreshing and it is a fantastic way to eat fruits !
Italian Fruit Crostini with Cream Cheese:
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 7-9 minutes
1 ciabatta bread ( cut into smaller slices, I used store bought bread)
5 pineapple roundels (stored bought, canned )
200 gms cream cheese
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons olive oil
For garnish :
fresh herbs ( I used cilantro )
1. Pre- heat oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
2. Arrange the ciabatta bread on a greased baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Toast the bread in the oven , placing them in the middle rack at 180 degrees C for 7-8 minutes or till the time, the sides of the bread turn brown, switch off.
4. Beat the cream cheese with honey using a hand whisk till it is smooth.
5. Spread the cheese on top of the toasted pieces.
6. Arrange the pineapple ( cut into smaller slices) on top.
7. Garnish with herbs and you can drizzle with more honey.
Your simple and tasty fruit crostini is ready to be enjoyed !
Chef Tips :
1. Use any fresh or canned fruits of your choice.
2. In case you do not get ciabatta , you can use any bread variety.
If you are looking for more such easy party appetisers, do check out Cheesenips/Party nachos recipe.
Happy Cooking !
With love ,